Wednesday, December 17, 2014

What my page is....

I have reasonable expectations for my page. My page is to give craft ideas to do with ASD kids. And to entertain ASD parents.  I do not claim to be an autism awareness page. You will not see graphics describing the early signs of autism,  or I.E.P. tips. I also don't live under the assumption that my little page will change the world for my children. Very few people from the NT world even know that there are autism pages. So thinking that my page matters really doesn't make sense to me.

You might not like my profanity. Hey that's fine. I've made graphics I wouldn't even share on my personal page;D

You might think I am making light of my children's troubles. I am not. I am far more aware of what they have to deal with than you. I was a wreck about it for the longest time. It still hurts. But humor has helped me.  If you can read "I love someone with autism" graphics and you are magically happy. Good for you. I am genuinely happy for you. But, it doesn't work for me.

You might think I have ruined all the work your page has done for autism awareness. That's fine. I guess I can be the bad guy. Although I'm not exactly sure how you measured what YOU DID and HOW I RUINED IT. It's not like your stuff or my stuff is going viral. We aren't battling it out for the top stories on Yahoo News.....at least not yet;D

In closing my goal isn't to destroy the whole autism community with jokes about cleaning up smeared poop. Nope....I just wanted to make exhausted parents laugh.




No comments:

Post a Comment