If you aren't spreading autism awareness loudly and proudly on a regular basis. You are doing a disservice to your community;D
I could tell you that I am not at all disturbed by the stares we get. But, that is a lie. It does bother me. I don't want people to think my child is terrible. They are all good kids. But, Seeker does occasionally have meltdowns in public. And he has behavioral issues on a very frequent basis;D So we get lots of stares. Honestly, I don't want people to think I am a bad mother either.....because all evidence indicates that I am an awesome mom;D
I completely understand that a meltdown is something that a typical person just doesn't see everyday.
It's different than a temper tantrum. The child isn't seeking attention. They are in crisis.
And I think on some level observers know that there is some serious shit going on;D So they are going to have a hard time looking away. To make myself feel better I have thought about it this way.....
Don't get mad and send me messages about this graphic. I know dads deal with this too. So I have a version for dads also.
Three similar graphics in a row. Oh, my eyes! I'm a real go getter on this blogging thing;D So anyway......But, I get the desire to educate the public. That is why I think its so incredible that there are awesome people out there that have created free printable autism info cards. http://www.squidoo.com/free-printable-autism-information-cards.) Aren't they great?
But, if you feel particularly judged you can always turn it around on them.
Imagine the shock they would feel. Your child is in meltdown mode and you actually take the time to criticize their fashion choices. Gaww you are such a judgmental bastard.





No comments:
Post a Comment