We haven't had poop drama in our home for a while. And I don't miss it. I fucking hated it. I have seen things that cannot be unseen. And I am not stronger for it.
Poop- in an ASD home, you never know where you will find it.......
Why can't I sit around in my Victorian revival couch and quietly drink tea in the clothes I stole from the community theatre? Is it really too much to ask for? Apparently it is.
And don't get me wrong. I was happy when poop finally moved to the bathroom. But, it still didn't make my heart swell with pride when I would walk into a bathroom and find smeared poop.
Sure my kids have tried to class it up a bit.....as illustrated in one of my sketches.
I bet you didn't know that I was such a talented artist, did you? Well I am! All Of my "haters" will now have another thing to be jealous about. Oh well. This kind of talent runs in the family. It's in the genes. That is why those were the best damn poop smiley faces EVER. This incident also inspired me to create one of my favorite ecards.
But, some people still settle for their children just working with common art mediums like crayons and paper. And that's ok for a typical child. But, we aren't typical. We are artistically daring.




No comments:
Post a Comment