Thursday, August 14, 2014

School is in session

Yesterday was the first day of school for my children. They were excited. And so was I. It was a rough summer. So I was happy to see the bus pull up. On my facebook page I commented that the fun was about to begin again.

"So I am all for encouraging ASD parents to develop interests/hobbies. And what better hobby can you have than to annoy those around you? Look at it this way. Causing traffic jams can be your new way of annoying NTs. And lets be real. If these NT's were so damn smart they would take another route to school or work;D See the frustration in their eyes? Soak it in and enjoy;D hahahaha"

I love the teachers who work with our children. I really have nothing bad to say about them. At least not yet;D They have never given me a reason to dislike them. I am so fortunate. And I feel bad for parents who are not as fortunate. Some of them have even felt so disappointed in their district that they have chosen to homeschool. It's such a huge task to educate children in general. I have so much admiration for SPED educators and those who choose to homeschool. I know that I am not capable of doing either.
Those teachers and paras are in for a surprise with Seeker this year. He's become a little bit more sassy. I found him writing this the other day.


The child was so proud of himself;D BTW- Even if he wanted this to be his hobby. We would never encourage it. But I did laugh inappropriately.....because it's what I do.

Seeker has become more vocal over the summer. And he has picked up a few new words. I'd like to pretend that I am this way about it.

But, the truth is that I am more like this.


Anyway, I hope you and your children all have a fun and productive school year with as few calls from the school as possible.

4 comments: